Terms & Conditions
1.1 User Agreement – Property Owner
Please note that if you wish to access or use the Service as a Professional then you must read and accept the “Professional User Agreement” which is accessible from the menu.
The Service is for use in the United Kingdom. You are responsible for all compliance with laws and regulations in your jurisdiction, which apply to you. This Agreement was created on 20 June 2018
2.1 Professional / Enterprise User Agreement
Please note that if you wish to access or use the Service as a Property Owner then you must read and accept the “Property Owner User Agreement” which is accessible from the menu.
The Service is for use in the United Kingdom only. You must not access the Service from any other jurisdiction. You are responsible for all compliance with laws and regulations which apply to you. This Agreement was created on 20th June 2018.
We are NuVuw Limited, Our registered company number is 10444711 and our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU. Where we refer to ourselves in this Agreement, this is also taken to include (where the context allows) our group companies, affiliates, and our and/or their employees, associated and contracted persons, and persons supplying services to us or them. You can contact us via our online contact form.
Where we refer to you in this Agreement, this also includes any person that accesses or uses our Service on your behalf in order to receive information which will assist them in securing Projects with Property Owners.
The “Service” consists of the Website, our Apps, any pages we operate on third party social media applications, and the content and services we make available through them via the internet, mobile devices including smart phones and tablets, and/or interactive television devices and services, together with the provision by us of associated information, products and services by e-mail, telephone, fax or mail. Any person using the Service to publish details of projects for which they invite tenders from Professionals through the Service (“Projects“) is referred to in this Agreement as a “Property Owner” and any information they upload or provide to you, and all information relating to them, is referred to as “Property Owner Information“. As part of receiving the Service, you may from time to time upload information to the Service or otherwise provide us or other users of the Service with information relating to you, your employees and/or your subcontractors (including by communicating via the Communities) (“Professional Information“). “Professional” a tradesperson using the Service to promote its business.
2.1.2 Property Owners and Projects
It is your responsibility to determine whether you wish to be considered for or undertake any Project with the Property Owner or Professional (acting in the role of a sub-Contractor). We do not vet Property Owners or their Projects on behalf of our users, and we will not be liable to you in respect of any Project or relationship with any Property Owner or Professional in any way. We therefore recommend that you carefully assess each Project and carry out whatever lawful checks you consider appropriate in relation to any Property Owner before undertaking any work for them.
2.1.3 – Service Content
The vast majority of the material on the Service originates from our users, and we rely on Property Owners to accurately describe their Project requirements. We have little or no editorial control over the material and we therefore cannot guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for any particular purpose of the material available through the Service. We cannot accept responsibility for errors, omissions, or inaccurate material available through the Service, and make no warranty that the Service will be uninterrupted or error free, or that any defects will be corrected.
Whilst we take steps to prevent misuse of our systems, we cannot warrant that the Service will be free of viruses or other malicious code and accept no liability for loss or damage caused from the transmission of such code. We recommend that you always use up-to-date firewalls and anti-virus software to protect your equipment and data.
Any material you obtain from the Service is used at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with access or use of the Service (except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law).
2.1.4- Use of Service
You may not tender for any Project which is not legal or which may not legally be performed by you. A core purpose of the Service is to connect Property Owners to genuine tradespeople who wish to undertake Projects for those Property Owners. The Service is therefore not for use by tradesmen who do not intend to carry out and ensure successful completion of each Project they accept. You therefore agree that you will not in any circumstance:
- Use the Service for the purpose of reselling, exchanging or purchasing or otherwise obtaining leads from other tradesmen;
- Pose as a Property Owner and post fake Projects whether for purposes of identifying potential tradesmen in your area with whom you may wish to work, or in order to receive information from other tradesmen about their businesses and Project proposals, or for any other purpose whatsoever.
You agree that you will not use subcontractors on any Project without the prior consent of the relevant Property Owner. You are responsible for ensuring that you and your subcontractors are legally entitled to tender for and perform any Project for which you tender or accept. By using subcontractors on Projects obtained via the Service, you agree to procure that each of your subcontractors will also comply with the terms of this Agreement as if it were a party to it. You also acknowledge that you will be responsible to us and to all Property Owners for the acts and omissions of your subcontractors.
We will not be a party to any contract made between you and any Property Owner and therefore we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that results from any dealings between you and any Property Owner including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential or inconsequential loss of any kind. You agree not to use the Service in any unlawful manner and in particular shall not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate (“Post”) any inappropriate, defamatory, abusive, infringing, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise unlawful material;
- post any material that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any person;
- post any corrupted files, files that contain viruses, or any other code that may damage the operation of a computer or other electronic device;
- conduct or forward surveys, contests other than in Communities (as defined below) intended for such uses, and shall not forward pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- download any file Posted by another user of a forum that the user knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the original or source of software or other material contained in a file that is Posted;
- cause the Service to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Service is in any way impaired; or
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service. You agree that you will (and will ensure your subcontractors will) comply with:
- the Payment; and
- the Professional Code of conduct
We may notify you of Projects from time to time, but we are not under any obligation to do so. Further, because Property Owners retain the right to change or withdraw their Project from our Service, we are unable to give any warranty as to the availability or suitability of a particular Project. We do not review or confirm the accuracy of all details provided to us by Property Owners, and we therefore cannot guarantee that all leads include correct and complete information. Further, we cannot guarantee that any leads generated using the Service will result in business for you, and no refund is offered in the event that you do not obtain business from the leads generated.
You agree to pay the fees for using the Service in accordance with Payment Terms and as more specifically set out in the tariff of charges in the Membership Confirmation.
2.1.6 LINKS AND USER CONTENT
It is not possible for us to review all websites that are linked to from the Service (or link to the Service), and you should therefore take care when following any link. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage that may be suffered as a result of following any links. You agree not to Post links to any websites.
The Service contains discussion forums, bulletin board services, chat areas, communities and/or other message or communication facilities (collectively “Communities”). Although our hope is that all users will use the Service responsibly, and we require all users to ensure that all content that they post on the Service is lawful, we are not responsible for reviewing or policing user content and so it is possible that Communities may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. We urge you to exercise proper judgement and to use caution and common sense when using Communities. We do not control the information delivered to the Communities, and have no obligation to monitor the Communities. You are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences arising out of them. The Communities are intended to allow users to send and receive messages and material that are legal, proper and related to the particular Community, and you agree that you shall use them only for this purpose.
We do not guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications Posted in the Communities or endorse any opinions expressed in the Communities. You should take all due care in relying on material Posted in the Communities, as this is done at your own risk. It is important for you to note that all Communities are public, and that others may read communications made via the Community without the author’s knowledge. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself in any Community, and do not give personally identifying information about any other person unless entitled to do so.
2.1.7 Use of Information
You are solely responsible for the content, accuracy, and completeness of the Professional Information, and agree only to provide true, accurate, current and complete information. You also accept all liability arising out of or in connection with your processing and transmission of the Property Owner Information.
You acknowledge that we may edit, modify or remove any parts of Professional Information which we consider is in breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement, and/or suspend or terminate your access to the Service without notice. By providing Professional Information you grant to us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the material alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sub-license such rights through multiple tiers of sub-licensees. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such materials, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. You also waive any moral rights you have in the materials. Do not Post any materials on the Service that you would not want us to use in this way.
We check the information that you provide on registration and during your continued use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that we may at any time request verification and identity and address documents and information from you in order to complete our fraud prevention and identity and address verification checks which we carry out from time to time. We reserve the right to terminate the provision to you of the Service or restrict your access to the Service at any time in the event that you fail to provide all of the requested verification and identity and address documents within the requested timescale or if you do not pass our fraud prevention or identity verification checks.
You consent to information about the device you use to access the Service and verification, identity and address documentation being collected and processed for fraud prevention purposes and we may use third parties (and information they provide) to help us prevent fraud or unauthorised access to our Service. You agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your Professional Information) from the Service without our prior written permission. To the extent that we provide you with Property Owner Information, you agree that you shall:
- treat the Property Owner Information as confidential and not share the information with any other person;
- only use the Property Owner Information for the purpose of contacting them in relation to the particular Project for which you were provided with the information, and for no other purpose whatsoever;
- at all times and in all respects comply with data protection law.
2.1.8 Arrangements with property owners
Our rating system is designed to provide Property Owners with independent feedback on the quality, value and reliability of Professionals. Furthermore, your willingness to be rated may provide Property Owners with a level of confidence regarding the Professionals’ ability. A key reason that Projects are made available through the Service is that Property Owners are able to read reviews by your previous customers. You therefore agree that your performance in carrying out each Project may be rated and reviewed by the applicable Property Owner and that the ratings and reviews will be published on the Service.
Should you (or any of your subcontractors) have a dispute with a Property Owner, you must address such dispute directly to the Property Owner concerned. However, you agree to notify the details of the dispute to us as soon as reasonably practicable. We may decide to investigate any grievances held by you or by Property Owners and may discuss any such investigation with all involved parties. We may take any lawful action we deem necessary in the event of a grievance, but likely outcomes of a grievance investigation include:
- you and the Property Owner being allowed to continue using the Service;
- your and/or the Property Owner’s access to the Service being suspended for a period of time;
- your and/or the Property Owner’s access to the Service being terminated and banned for a definite or indefinite period.
In the event of a suspension or termination, no further fees shall accrue to the extent that access to the Service is suspended or terminated. However, any fees already accrued shall become immediately payable.
Save as provided above, we cannot be involved in your dealings with Property Owners and, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Property Owners, you hereby release (and shall procure that your subcontractors release) us from any and all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
2.1.9 Trade Qualifications and Certifications
Where you advise us that you (or your subcontractors) are a Part 1,2,3 qualified Architect, Part P, gas, or otherwise certified, we may verify the relevant certification through for example the ARB. However the validity of the certificate always remains your responsibility.
We advise Property Owners to request sight of evidence of applicable trade accreditations or registrations, CRB checks and solvency checks (as applicable) prior to work commencing on a Project. You agree to comply with any reasonable requests submitted by the Property Owners with regards to the verification of such accreditations, registrations or information.
Any checks on trade accreditations or registrations that we carry out do not reduce your obligation to ensure that all your subcontractors and any personnel involved in the Project have the required trade accreditation or registration to carry out specific aspects of the Project.
2.1.10 Intellectual Property rights
You acknowledge that all present and future copyright and other intellectual Property rights subsisting in, or used in connection with, the Service and any part of it (the “Rights“), including the manner in which the Service is presented or appears and all information and documentation relating to it is our Property (or that of our licensors), and nothing in this Agreement shall be taken to transfer any of the Rights to you.
Solely for the purposes of receiving the Service, we hereby grant to you for the period during which the Service is provided a non-exclusive, non-transferable, licence to use the Rights.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are entitled to provide the Professional Information and you therefore agree to indemnify us against any and all expenses, damages and losses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) incurred by us in connection with any actual or threatened claims of any kind (including without limitation any claim of trademark or copyright infringement, defamation, breach of confidentiality, false or misleading advertising or sales practices) arising from your (or your subcontractors’) provision of Professional Information or arising from your (or your subcontractors’) use of the Service.
We shall indemnify you against any and all expenses, damages and losses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) incurred by you in connection with any actual or threatened claims of any kind (including without limitation any claim of trademark or copyright infringement, defamation, breach of confidentiality, false or misleading advertising or sales practices) that any material on the Service generated and uploaded by us infringes the intellectual Property of any third party.
2.1.12 Limitations and Liability
Notwithstanding any other provision, nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
If you are dissatisfied with the Service, or the terms of this Agreement, your sole remedy under this Agreement shall be to discontinue use of the Service. In the event that your dissatisfaction arises due to an act or omission by us constituting a material breach of this Agreement, you may also claim a refund of the fees paid by you in consideration for the Service in the twelve months prior to the occurrence of the circumstances constituting such material breach. If you register as both a Property Owner and as a Professional then the aggregate cap in this Agreement shall apply – the caps shall not be cumulative.
Other than as set out above in this Limitation of Liability section, and notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, we shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty, misrepresentation or otherwise, for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in any way connected with this Agreement.
We shall not be liable for any loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of business information, loss of data, or any other pecuniary loss (even where we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage). Save as expressly set out herein, all conditions, warranties and obligations which may be implied or incorporated into this Agreement by statute, common law, or otherwise and any liabilities arising from them are hereby expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Without limiting the foregoing, we shall have no liability for any failure or delay resulting from any matter beyond our reasonable control. We cannot guarantee the day or time that we will respond to any email, telephone or written enquiries or Website form submissions. Each of the provisions of this Clause shall be construed separately and independently of the others.
2.1.13 Our Rights
We reserve the right at all times to edit, refuse to post, or to remove from the Service any information or materials for any reason whatsoever, and to disclose any information we deem appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, police request or governmental request.
We reserve the right to terminate the provision to you of the Service or restrict your access to the Service at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever (provided that no further fees shall accrue for the terminated Service after the date of such termination). If we terminate the provision to you of the Service under this paragraph:
- if you have pre-paid for a period of the Service extending beyond the termination date, we shall refund you a pro-rata amount in respect of the pre-paid fees for that period
- if you have selected a Minimum Term Membership Plan (monthly), you will not have to pay Membership Fees to cover the period from the date of termination until expiry of the Minimum Term. Membership Fees, Minimum Term and Minimum Term Membership Plan shall have the meanings given to them in the Payment Terms.
Without prejudice to the generality of the above, we reserve the right to terminate the provision to you of the Service or restrict your access to the Website at any time immediately on giving you notice:
- in the event that you are or we suspect you to be in material breach of any term of this Agreement (which shall include, without limitation, where payments due from you are overdue by 14 days or more) which is either irremediable or, if it is remediable, you do not remedy it within 7 days of us notifying you of the breach;
- • if you file for bankruptcy or are bankrupt, go into liquidation (whether compulsory or voluntary) otherwise than for the purposes of a bona fide amalgamation or reconstruction, or an administrator or receiver or similar officer is appointed over the whole or any part of your assets, or you enter into any arrangement for the benefit of or compound with your creditors generally, or threaten to do any of these things, or any judgment is made against you, or any similar occurrence under any jurisdiction affects you; or you cease or threaten to cease to carry on business; and/or
- in the event you breach, or we reasonably suspect you have breached, the Professional Code of Conduct.
If we terminate your access to the Services under the above paragraph, if you have pre-paid for a period of the Service extending beyond the termination date, you will not be entitled to any refund. You acknowledge that we are only able to offer the Membership Fees and other benefits applicable to Minimum Term Membership Plans by making such Membership Plans available on a fixed term basis. If you have selected a Minimum Term Membership Plan and we terminate your access to the Services under the above paragraph, on termination we are entitled to invoice you for Membership Fees to cover the period from the date of termination until expiry of the Minimum Term and you agree to pay the invoiced amount within 14 days of the date of invoice.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue temporarily or permanently all or part of the Service with or without notice without liability for any modification or discontinuance, save as expressly set out in this Agreement
We may vary the terms of this Agreement from time to time and shall post such alterations on the Website. If the variations to the terms of this Agreement are materially detrimental to you we will give you written notice of such variations and if you do not agree to such variations then you have the right to notify us that you wish to cancel your membership and to stop using the Service, and you should do so immediately (and in any event within 14 days of us notifying you of the variation). If you cancel the Agreement under this paragraph, then
- if you have pre-paid for a period of the Service extending beyond the cancellation date, we shall refund you on a pro-rata amount in respect of the pre-paid fees for that period (less any reasonable administration fee).
- if you have selected a Minimum Term Membership Plan, you will not have to pay Membership Fees to cover the period from the date of cancellation until expiry of the Minimum Term (1 Month).
Your continued use of the Service after the date the changes have been posted will constitute acceptance of the amended Agreement.
Accounts which are opened but remain unused result in wasted costs being incurred by us to support those accounts. In the event that your account remains inactive for a period exceeding 180 days, we may at our discretion give you written notice of our intention to discontinue Service provision on that account. If we do not receive confirmation from you that the account is required within 14 days of the date of our notice to you, and you have not re-commenced use of the account within a further 14 days, we may discontinue Service provision on that account. We will not discontinue Service provision in accordance with this paragraph for any account which is subject to a Minimum Term Membership Plan during the applicable Minimum Term or any account for which you have pre-paid for the Service during the period for which the pre-paid fees apply.
Clause headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
If any provisions hereof are held to be illegal or unenforceable such provisions shall be severed and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless the business purpose of this Agreement is substantially frustrated, in which case it shall terminate without giving rise to further liability. You may not assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights hereunder without our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sub-contract all or any of our rights at any time without consent.
No waiver shall be effective unless in writing, and no waiver shall constitute a continuing waiver so as to prevent us from acting upon any continuing or subsequent breach or default.
- This Professional User Agreement;
- The Property Owner User Agreement; then
You acknowledge that you have placed no reliance on any representation made but not set out expressly in this Agreement.
Any notice to be given under this Agreement may be given via e-mail, regular mail, or by hand to the address provided on the Website or otherwise as notified by one party to the other.
Nothing herein shall create or be deemed to create any joint venture, principal-agent or partnership relationship between the parties and neither party shall hold itself out in its advertising or otherwise in any manner which would indicate or imply any such relationship with the other.
Notwithstanding any other provision in this Agreement a person who is not a party hereto has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be subject to the laws of England and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Professional Code of Conduct
Our mission is to connect Residential and Commercial Property Owners with Trusted and highly rated Professionals to facilitate the development of new build, self build and renovation projects.
2.2.1. Professionals quote on Design Collaboration or Construction related projects when they are available and interested in the work.
2.2.2. Property Owners review and choose the best professional to suit their design, budget and project needs.
Our ratings system is designed to capture and recognise the high quality work of our trusted professionals and is used by potential customers when considering how well a professional presents themselves as well as their quote for the work.
When joining NuVuw, we expect professionals to follow these basic principles:
- Be polite and courteous.
- Communicate clearly, honestly and set the right expectations at all times
- Articulate what work will be carried out and when, using the project planning tool.
- Set clear timing / schedule of payments and include the staged payment milestones as part of the project plan and confirm deliverables triggering payment
- Perform work to a high standard and adhere to the relevant industry standards.
- Deliver project work within agreed timeline (subject to site/weather conditions).
- Create a satisfied customer.
Professional / Enterprise accounts; ratings and performances may be monitored to ensure that only the highest aliber of professional use our service. We reserve the right to remove Professionals from our service who do not adhere to the standards and principles outlined above.
2.3. Payment Terms
Any capitalised terms used in these Payment Terms will have the same meaning as the Professional Business User Agreement, unless otherwise defined.
Membership Plan: the type of membership selected by you to access the Services; Minimum Term: the minimum period of time which you commit to paying the Membership Fee e.g. 1 Month;
Membership Fee: the periodic payment specified in the Plan (which may be monthly or annually as specified in the applicable Plan); Minimum Term Membership Plan: a Membership Plan, which is subject to a Minimum Term
Tariff Period: the period of time covered by the Membership Fee (for example, if you sign up for an annual membership plan paid on a monthly basis, the Tariff Period is one month).
Renewal Date: the date immediately following the end of the Tariff Period, or if a Minimum Term Membership Plan is selected, the Minimum Term.
Use of the Service is free for Property Owners. For Professional Businesses we charge a Membership Fee to access the Service. We do NOT charge a fee for each Project that a Professional business wants to provide a quote for – htis is part of your monthly subscription.
When you sign up to use the Service you will be asked to select a Membership Plan. Some Membership Plans are subject to a Minimum Term, which means that you commit to paying the Membership Fee for the minimum period of time specified in the applicable Membership Plan.
2.3.3 Bills & Payments
We accept payments by credit or debit card only. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before we allow you to use the Service. For your convenience (and to keep our costs to a minimum) we utilise an automated payment gateway services provider and take payments automatically using their continuous payment authorities. We do not store your credit/debit card details. Statements are sent to you monthly in arrears, which set out the total amount you have paid to us for Membership Fees in the previous month. Statements are sent to you by email.
All memberships will automatically renew on the Renewal Date unless you notify us at least 5 working days in advance of the Renewal Date that you do not want to renew your subscription Plan. (This timeframe is required to process any changes to your NuVuw account). The Monthly or Annual Fee will be taken on your Renewal Date.
Your Membership Fee for the applicable Period will be taken automatically by us using continuous payment authorities on the first day of each Tariff Period. In the event that a payment fails we’ll ask you to provide updated payment details or make arrangements to pay via an alternative method. We may temporarily suspend your account until payment is made. We reserve the right to cancel your membership and instruct a debt recovery agency or solicitor, should the outstanding amounts not be paid within 30 days of the payment due date. This may result in the addition of statutory late payment fees and interest at a rate of 8% per annum over the Bank of England Base Rate as provided pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 on the outstanding balance.
2.3.4 Payment Terns
Monthly / Annual Subscription payments
2.3.5 Refunds & Cancellations
Please get in touch with us if you are in any way unsure about an amount that has been charged to your card – Contact us Immediately. In the event we find a payment has been taken in error we’ll refund the amount promptly to your credit or debit card.
You can cancel your membership in accordance with these Payment Terms by contacting us. You may cancel your membership within the first 14 days of your membership (“Cooling-Off Period“) in which case you will receive a refund of any Membership Fees paid.
If you want to cancel you membership after the Cooling-Off Period you must provide not less than 30 days notice to us. Other than as expressly set out in these Payment Terms or in the Professional User Agreement, all refunds are at our sole discretion. You acknowledge that we are only able to offer the Membership Fees and other benefits applicable to Minimum Term Membership Plans by making these Membership Plans available on a fixed term basis. If you have selected a Minimum Term Membership Plan and you exercise your right to cancel your membership under this paragraph, we are entitled to invoice you for Membership Fees to cover the period from the date of cancellation until expiry of the Minimum Term and you agree to pay the invoiced amount within 14 days of the date of invoice.
We reserve the right to review our fees from time to time. Any changes to these Payment Terms will be posted on this Website. If we increase our Membership Fees we will give you 30 days notice before the increased Membership Fee takes effect. If we increase the Membership Fees, provided you write to us before the increase takes effect stating that you wish to cancel your membership:
- if you have pre-paid for a period of Service extending beyond the cancellation date, we shall refund you a pro-rata amount in respect of the pre-paid Membership Fee for that period (less any reasonable administration fee); and
- if you have selected a Minimum Term Membership Plan, you will not have to pay Membership Fees to cover the period from the date of cancellation until expiry of the Minimum Term.
Please see the ‘Our Rights’ section of the Professional User Agreement for details of our rights to terminate your access to the Services.
The information we gather about Users helps us personalise and continually improve your NuVuw experience. Some Users of our Website will also be Members. You are a Member if you register on our Website as a Client, a Professional or Small & Medium business. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide product features, personalised advertisements on other websites, and to remember your requests for services if you are a Client, if you are a Professional or Small & Medium Business between visits.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Please read our cookies policy for more information.
For information about the specific cookies used on this website, please see below:
In addition to using cookies and interest-based ads (as discussed above), we also use web beacons (also known as action tags or single-pixel gifs) and other technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Tracking technologies enable us to learn about what ads you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on our Website and on other websites. This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. For example, if we know what ads you are shown we can be careful not to show you the same ones repeatedly. We do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated websites with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads.
In environments that do not support tracking technologies, like some mobile devices and applications, we may use other anonymous technologies for these purposes. To serve our ads in mobile applications we collect identifiers, such as Google Advertising ID or IDFA depending on the operating system of your mobile device. These identifiers consist in a string of anonymous and random characters singling out your device, that our partners may store using a non-reversible encrypting method.
Please note that we DO NOT provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party websites that display our interest-based ads. However, advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content has targeted. Some third parties may provide us with information about you (such as the websites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
Advertisers or ad companies working on their behalf may use technology to serve the ads that appear on our Website directly to your browser. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens. They may also use tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize ad content. We do not have access to or have any control over tracking technologies or other features that advertisers and third party websites may use, and the information practices of these advertisers and third party websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Please contact them directly or visit their websites for more information about their privacy practices.
When you apply through the Website to register with us, we may check our own and the following records about you and your business partners:
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs);
- If you are a director, we will seek confirmation from credit reference agencies (CRAs) that the residential address that you provide is the same as that shown on the restricted register of directors’ usual addresses at Companies House.
In addition, if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
We may also check your business records at CRAs. When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your business credit file that may be seen by lenders. CRAs supply to us public information (including information from the electoral register) and fraud prevention information.
We will make checks including verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us particularly if you are a Professional or Enterprise Business. In addition, if you apply to pay for our services in arrears, information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. This will include information on your business and its proprietors and CRAs may create a record of the name and address of your business and its proprietors if there is not one already.
NUVUW may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies from other countries.
If you want to find out more, you can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK. The information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 060 1414;
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or logon to www.equifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000 or logon to www.experian.co.uk
Information about our Members is an important part of our business. We share Member information only as described below and with controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice. We do not typically share personal information about Users who are not Members.
- When You Request Services: We share Client information with Professionals when the Client posts a request for services. Professionals must comply with the Professionals Code of Conduct concerning how they deal with Clients and use Client information.
- Affiliated And Other Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with other businesses. For instance, you may have the option to buy products and services from third parties through the Website. Click here for some examples of co-branded and joint offerings where we work in partnership with other businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we may share Member information with that third party in order to provide you with the services you have requested. We may share anonymous, aggregate information with third parties for their own research and marketing purposes but we will not share your personal information with such third parties without your consent.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We appoint third party companies and individuals as data processors to perform functions on our behalf for he purposes of analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results, providing anti-fraud services and providing customer services.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we run competitions or send offers available to all Members or selected groups of NuVuw Members jointly with other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address unless you have consented. If you wish to change your ability to receive such offers, please adjust your contact preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy products, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, User information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the User consents otherwise). Also, in the event that we or our successor or substantially all of our assets are acquired, User information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection Of The Website And Other Websites And Applications Operated By NuVuw: We disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, Property, or safety of our Website, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We work with individual identity data providers to obtain information about Members from the Electoral Register and other sources to verify identity. We may ask you to provide physical forms of identity verification when you open your account. We may where we deem it necessary search credit reference agency files to assess a Client’s ability to fund extensive jobs or services requests.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Facebook And Other Social Media Services: We offer many ways for Users to find enjoy, and share content about professionals from a range of sectors. We enable and encourage users to explore who else is using our Website and their public profiles. Most of your information (apart from financial information) including job budgets and spending on services commissioned via our Website is publically available to others. What may be shared or made visible on our Website includes your name and/or username, profile picture, tier of membership, details of users that you follow and your activity, including the designs and projects you like, social media applications that you link to your account and user content that you post on our Website. Your activity on our Website will automatically appear in the activity feed of friends and users who follow your profile on our Website.
We may use your public information to promote NuVuw and/or the Website and to help others find and follow you and/or your profile (content on the Website) through social media services.
We may also notify others via email or through social media services about your account activity if such activity is also of interest to your social media contacts or other users of our Website. Likewise, we may notify you about such activity of others.
If you connect your account on the Website to a social media platform, the default setting may allow the Website to automatically share your activity with that social media platform including the information mentioned above. You understand that such information may be associated with, and published on, your social media account.
To manage your sharing preferences on social media platforms, please visit your account settings on that social media platform.
- Payment data: We will collect and process payment and financial data when you sign up to our subscription service or use our payment service to pay for services sourced through our Website. This information will be stored by third party payment processors. The third party payment processors will provide us with some payment information about you, including a unique token, your payment card type, and the expiry date and last four digits of the payment card. This information will enable you to make additional purchases through the Website using the card details which you have previously provided.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input;
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Our Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. If you access other websites using the advertising or links provided, the operators of those websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy notice which may differ from ours. For more information about third-party advertising on our Website, please read our Cookies policy.
Our Website and other websites operated by NuVuw Limited gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with our Website for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be required to take advantage of the Website’s features;
- You can add or update certain information on the Website pages as mentioned in the ‘What Information Can I Access’ section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records;
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Marketing Preferences. (However, legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, govern your use of the Website, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. We may analyse information you have given us and we may use third party suppliers to provide other services from centres outside the EEA (such as the USA Canada, Australia and India) that do not have a similar standard of data protection laws to the UK. If so, we will require your personal information to be protected to at least UK standards.
If you choose to visit the Website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of English Law. If you have any concerns about privacy at NuVuw or in relation to the Website, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the User Agreement will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We endeavour to never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of Member information collected in the past without the consent of affected Members.
Information You Give Us
You provide most information when you register as a Member, post a request for services, receive job leads, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer services. For example, you provide information when you place an order through the Website or through Professionals listed on our Website, provide information in Your Account, use our services, participate in community features, provide ratings. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, people who have helped provide the service, where you work, content of reviews and e-mails to us, personal description and photograph in Your Profile.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To identify you as a Member of our Website, to address you, access your account, answer your questions and resolve your issues, to contact you and to let you know if you have won a prize in any competition or other promotion run by NuVuw;
- To identify whether you have an account with us already or have had an account with us which we closed for, without limitation, violation of our User Agreement or applicable Code of Conduct;
- To share your information with selected partners who may use or provide the information to other organisations for purposes including identity screening, credit checking, customer management and debt collection;
- To share your information with selected partners who may use or provide information to other organisations to send you information about products or services (but only with your permission);
- To allow us to send you job leads;
- To allow us to market your services as a subcontractor to other Members;
- To enable us to provide services to you such as identifying the Professional best suited to undertake the work set out in a request for services or, if you are a Professional, enable us to identify the jobs best suited to you;
- To enable Professionals to respond to your queries;
- To market our, or (where you have consented) selected partners’, services to you;
- To provide a ratings service which informs our Members about the quality of service and delivery by our Professional, to facilitate payment for services, and to carry out analysis (usually through aggregating information) on the way our services are used and your quote success rate and profitability if you are a Professional.
- To enable and promote NuVuw including the Website’s features, content products and services made available through the marketplace, such as sharing, user interactions, notification and suggestion as and integration with third party services.
- Please note we will never ask you to confirm your password or payment details via email. If you receive an email that requests this information and appears to be sent from us, please treat it as fraudulent and do not reply or provide any information. In this instance we would ask you to get in touch via the contact us page on our website to provide us with further details.
Automatically Collected Information
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To understand the technology our Members are using and that we must design and build products for;
- To understand the online behaviour of our Members;
- To manage our exposure to and to prevent and detect fraud;
- To aggregate this data with similar information from other Members to help inform product development;
- Where your device is configured to allow it, we may also receive a confirmation that you’ve opened our communication (e.g. email) since we wish to ensure that our emails are interesting to our Members and that you receive relevant information from us.
Where you access our Website or services from a mobile or tablet device, we may receive information about your location and your device including a unique identifier for your device. Most mobile and tablet devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. For information about specific devices, please refer to your mobile’s user manual. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
To provide you with location based services (where you give us permission) including job leads in your immediate vicinity.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include whether you purchased co-branded or joint offerings from our partners, account information, information from Professionals about payments for your requests for services if you are a Client, information from Clients about your fulfilment of Projects leads if you are a Professional, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses, or advertising, or other services and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain screening to our Professional in connection with requests for services.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
- To analyse on an aggregate and anonymous basis how much Members are spending through our Website and we may share this analysis with selected partners;
- To analyse and manage our investment in online marketing;
- To help prevent and detect fraud.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Co-branded And Joint Offerings:
Working with other businesses, we offer joint or co-branded products among other offerings. You should check the Privacy Notices for each of these businesses to understand how they use your personal information.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily via our Website include up-to-date information regarding recent request for services postings or request for services purchases you have made; personal information (including name, e-mail, password, work area and communication settings); payment settings; ratings you have provided or received; your accounts; and your profile (including your rating). If you would like to access other information that we hold about you, please Contact Us.
Frequently asked questions